TED – Embrace the Irrational and the Childish
ReadWrite Web had a post entitled "10 Inspiring TED Talks for Startups" on July 13, 2010. This series of posts are my notes from those videos.
(8 min, 13 secs)
An inspiring talk by a young lady and author from Redmond, WA when she was 11 years old.
- When was the last time you were called childish?
- Childish => Irrational thinking. Maybe that is what the world needs.
- A knowledge of history often puts a hamper on irrational thinking, limiting imagination
- Adults should start learning from kids. Students should teach teachers. Learning should be reciprocal. It doesn’t happen because of a lack of trust.
- Adults underestimate the abilities of children.
- Unfortunately, kids become adults just like the ones they are exposed to. We need to create opportunities for kids to become better adults than the adults of today.
- Kids need opportunities to lead and succeed.