Michael Gerber’s 10 Pillars of Small Business Success
I am reading Michael Gerber’s Awakening the Entrepreneur Within: How Ordinary People Can Create Extraordinary Companies. I don’t buy his whole premise. However, I did think the “10 Pillars of Small Business Success” in chapter 13 are worth thinking about:
- All businesses require vision.
- All visions are both personal and impersonal.
- Every company is an organization of people, relationships, functions, a flow that can be charted.
- An organization is an organization of systems. All systems merge into one system.
- There is no such thing as customer service, only commitment.
- Master money, and everyone in your business must master money.
- Your people are not your business. Your business is its own reality.
- Your business is an idea.
- You know more about your business than anyone else.
- A business must mean something.