In September 2012, Adobe announced the availability of a free monospace font designed for source code. I have been using it for some time and did not realize how much I liked it until I setup a new machine. This font enables me to be a much more production programmer.
To configure in Eclipse:
- Download the font from SourceForge.
- Install the font according to your operating system conventions.
- In Eclipse, go to Windows, Preferences. In the popup, expand out General, Appearance, Colors and Fonts.
- Under basic, set "Text Font" to Source Code Pro
- Under basic, set "Text Editor Block Selection Font" to Source Code Pro Semibold
This should setup most of the places where you are currently using a monospace font. There may be other areas than need to be set but I have found this to be sufficient.